We do business with your friends:
Hima February Workshop: Content Management Systems
HiMA February Workshop: Content Management Systems For organizations that produce new content regularly, a content management system (CMS) is a critical to effective execution of content strategy.
A CMS is an automated series of tools and commands that support the creation, management, distribution and storage of digital information. In one place, you can create original content, edit and proof it, publish it to the Internet and other outlets or archive it for later use. Best of all, you can typically accomplish all of this with a series of simple clicks of a mouse. There are dozens of options available for digital content management.
Topics to be covered:
- What’s a CMS and why does it matter?
- Content creation, management, publishing & archiving
- Review of tools and how they can help your organization
- When to choose a large scale enterprise CMS tool
In this workshop you will learn about some of the available options and how you should make a choice based on the size and purpose of your organization.
Our panel of experts will guide you through commercial and open-source options and discuss the skills needed, implementation costs, strengths and weaknesses of each for your organization.
Platforms and Panelists:
- MODx – Aaron Baxter, Method 21
- WordPress – Chris Everson, MediaFire
- Drupal – Katherine Druckman, Linux Journal
- Expression Engine – Jay Ferranti, Marion Interactive Marketing
- Tendenci – John-Michal Oswalt, Schipul
- Kalibrate – Jeff Stark, Digital Function
This workshop will consist of a two-part event. A moderated panel will begin at 2:00 p.m. to give attendees an overview of the selected systems. Panelists will then be available from 3:00-5:00pm in a roundtable format. Come with your questions ready for our experts!
Date & Time
United Way of Houston 50 Waugh Street
Houston, Texas 77007 United States