We do business with your friends:
How do I transfer my old iPad data to my new iPad?
Now that you have your new, shiny, iPad you'll probably want to keep the hours of video, thousands of songs and your precious photo memories. So let's take a look at the steps needed to
backup your old data and transfer it to your new iPad.
Step 1: Backing up Your Current iPad
- Attach your old iPad to your computer. Open iTunes it if doesn't open auomatically.
- Right-click (control-click on Mac) on the iPad icon and select "Transfer Purchases". This will transfer any purchases you've made on your iPad to your computer.
- Right-click (or control-click) your old iPad under "Devices" and choose Back Up.
Step 2: Restore your backup to your new iPad
- Connect your new iPad to your computer.
- Right-Click (or control-click) the device and choose Restore from Backup
Step 3: Erase your old iPad
- Make sure your new iPad has been restored and all of your data is there
- On your old iPad:
- Tap Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Reset
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings
- When complete, either connect to iTunes and choose "Set up as New", or simply give the device to the new user so they can set it up on their computer.